Terms and conditions
When you are purchasing coaching services from Claire Black Coaching the following terms and conditions apply.
Coaching is a confidential two-way process between the coach and the client, built on trust, honesty and respect. It is an active process.
Role of coach
Claire Black will:
· Be non-judgmental, objective, honest and open throughout the coaching relationship
· Encourage and challenge the client to take responsibility and focus on moving forward positively
· Provide a safe and supportive environment for clients to work through their feelings and explore strategies for change and development
· Support the client during their coaching journey
· Listen carefully, question and use coaching skills to help the client work through issues arising and create stepping stones towards their desired outcomes
· Observe confidentiality unless consent is given to disclose information, or disclosure is required by law
· Be honest with the client where an issue cannot be dealt with through coaching
Role of client
· Will be ready and willing to work openly and honestly with Claire Black
· Understands that coaching is an investment in their future, and wants to move forward positively
· Is open to challenges to their thoughts, ideas and mindset
· Is open to feedback and support and will create the time and energy to participate fully in coaching
· Is ready to make positive changes and to take conscious control of their life and future
· Understands that they have sole responsibility for making important decisions in their life
· Understands that Claire Black is not a psychotherapist, psychiatrist, counsellor or medical professional, and that coaching is not a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions
· Understands that coaching does not include legal or financial advice
The coaching schedule will be agreed between the client and Claire Black.
The investment for coaching will be agreed between the client and Claire Black. Claire will confirm the investment in writing, usually via email.
Payment can be made by bank transfer (as set out on invoice), by cheque made out to Claire Black and sent to 47 Phoenix Way, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7FG, or as agreed with the client in advance of the first session.
Fees are payable in advance of coaching sessions unless otherwise agreed. Where a payment schedule is agreed, this will be set out on the invoice to the client.
Where payment has not been received by Claire in advance of a session Claire is not obliged to provide the session.
Where a client requests a receipt, this will be sent by email unless otherwise requested.
It is expected that scheduled sessions will begin at the agreed time. Any sessions which begin after that time due to late client arrival for whatever reason cannot be extended beyond the agreed finish time.
In the case of a situation beyond the client’s control, please contact Claire as soon as possible on 07722 007528.
The client will leave each session with an action plan designed to help them focus on moving forward positively. Claire may ask the client to undertake certain tasks or exercises between coaching sessions. There is no obligation on the client to complete these, but not doing so may slow the client’s progress and impede their ability to move forward.
Where email and/or telephone support is agreed as part of a package, Claire will be available to the client, within reason, by email/telephone in between scheduled sessions. Claire will endeavour to reply to emails/messages as promptly as possible, within usual business hours.
If the client is unable to attend a scheduled session, please let Claire know as soon as possible, and at least 48 hours in advance in advance of the scheduled session. Claire will try in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
If the client simply fails to attend a scheduled session or does not give the required notice of at least 48 hours, Claire reserves the right to retain the fees paid.
In the case of serious accident, emergency or other situation beyond the client’s control, please deal with the situation first, and then notify Claire at earliest convenience. Claire will follow up typically within 24 to 48 hours of the missed appointment.
If for any reason, Claire needs to cancel an appointment, 5 days’ notice will be given (if possible) and an alternative time will be offered.
Claire will give at least 3 weeks’ notice of any planned holiday dates during which she will be unavailable.
Either the client or Claire may terminate this agreement at any time with one week’s written notice.
If the client wishes to cease coaching with Claire, Claire will refund to the client any pre-paid fees for any scheduled appointment, providing that the required notice had been given.
If Claire wishes to terminate the coaching relationship, then, as far as possible, Claire will explain the reasons to the client, and refund to the client any pre-paid fees for any scheduled appointment.
Any personal information shared with Claire by the client as part of the coaching relationship will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior consent, except where required by law or where action might be necessary to prevent harm to the client or someone else.
Claire will not disclose the client’s name as a reference without the client’s consent.
It is, of course, not possible to protect the confidentiality of information that is transmitted electronically through emails and computers connected to the internet that do not utilise security or encryption protection.
Where consultations are conducted in a group format, the Client agrees to maintain the confidentiality of all information communicated to the client by Claire and Claire’s other coaching clients.
Claire’s coaching is provided with all reasonable care and skill. Subject to that, Claire does not accept any liability to the client, and gives no warranty as to what outcome the client may achieve as a result of Claire’s coaching. The client is responsible for the actions he/she takes or does not take following the coaching received by the client.
To the extent permitted by law, Claire’s maximum aggregate liability in acting for the client is capped at what is recoverable by Claire under her professional indemnity insurance cover from time to time. A copy of the relevant policy is available on request.